Mentha x piperita
Peppermint oil is steam distilled from the peppermint leaves of the plant grown in Italy. As a Middle-Top note, it has a strong, fresh, minty, and herabaceous aroma. Peppermint essential oil used in blends helps to relieve an upset stomach and ease nausea. It is helpful in reducing unwanted bacteria and viruses, pain and inflammation, and assists with allergies and clearing the respiratory system.
Emotionally and energetically, Peppermint oil is uplifting and refreshing. It assists in focusing and clearing the mind, clears energy, reduces fatigue, awakens, stimulates new ideas and creativity and helps support self-confidence.
- Antimicrobial (airborne)
Safety and Cautions
- May cause skin or mucous membrane irritation.
- Recommend use at a maximum of 1-2% dilution for topical use.
- May antidote homeopathic remedies.
- Avoid use with children under five years—can be neurotoxic when applied near the face.
- Contraindicated in cases of cardiac fibrillation and for G6PD deficiency.